UCP MI has an opening for an AmeriCorps VISTA member to work at our office in East Lansing for one year starting in November. Please visit the Power of We link for information about this opportunity, its benefits, and to apply. Note that the application period is from August 15 through September 2.
**Deadline to apply extended to Friday August 5th, 2016!**
The Power of We Consortium AmeriCorps State program is looking for 10 individuals to join the team for the 2016-17 program year!
Please forward this message to your partners/members who are interested in paid positions involving Lansing food systems.
AmeriCorps members are placed with organizations within Ingham county to increase food security and reduce chronic disease/obesity through nutrition education, gardening and food distribution. AmeriCorps members manage multiple activities during their service. Some of these actives include:
- Strengthening local organizations capacity to provide healthy food and lifestyles programming
- Engaging youth and adults in nutrition instruction through healthy cooking demos, food sampling, and preservation techniques.
- Providing garden and compost expertise to home and community gardeners
- Managing gardening programs that offer tools, supplies, plants, seeds, and connections to resources to residents
- Organizing gleaning programs which provide food pantries with fresh food.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Building an ethic of service through volunteerism and civic engagement.
- Making lifelong friendships!
Full and half time positions available for October 10, 2016 – September 27, 2017.